To use Word Mail Merge, you need a Mail Merge Data Source first.
Data source can be either an Access database, or an Excel spreadsheet.
To create a data source in Excel spreadsheet, please search for Integreate With Microsoft® Excel® in the following link .
To create a data source in Access database, please search for Integreate With Microsoft® Access® in the following link .
After creating your mail merge data source, please follow instruction below to generate bar code using Word Mail Merge
1. Start Microsoft® Word
2. If you use Word 2000 or 2003, please click menu Tools ==> Letters and Mailings ==> Mail Merge.
3. If you use Word 2007 or 2010, please click menu Mailings ==> Start Mail Merge.
4. Then follow instructions in the wizard. Make sure you connect to your data source.
5. When you insert merge field, please choose the field with macro, because data needs to be encoded.
6. Then highlight the merge field, right click it and choose font from context menu and set its typeface to appropriate font.
Now, your Word Mail Merge is finished.
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.